Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cultivating Creativity


I have a tendency to like old stuff, antique, or even ruins.
This is a car my father used to drive 35 years ago. "Nissan Cherry" I think the design of cars around the 1950's to the 1970's are awesome. Maybe they are not functional as modern cars, but the more you use it, the more its character will come out.
"Creative people value existing knowledge." we love changes but the lessons from old ideas are enormous.
A pencil drawing from my drawing1 class today.

4 comments:

  1. Your pencil drawing is pretty good! Isn't it interesting how translating a still life to a drawing forces you to look at objects differently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing is very good. I believe you share a class with my daughter, Brittany Norman. She says she knows of you. Now when she sees you she thinks of antique glass because I told her about your interest. I like your thought about the old lessons being important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the use of value and shading in your drawing really makes the images come to life. I also share your taste in cars. I'm partial to the '67 Impala, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the monochromatic color scheme and the film strip style pictures in the advertisement. The relationships that you made between the car, your life, and your individual tastes is fantastic. I think that making personal connections is what creativity is all about. It makes everything more meaningful. I totally agree that character comes out with age and looking at the past is a great way to inspire creativity. Your still life is really nice, especially the perspective. I love the different textures and shadowing.

    ReplyDelete