Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Critical Thinking

I picked up these old and new logos for this week. Logos could be very difficult to design because it should be simple, rememberable, original, meaningful and effective. Burger King I like old one is pronounced "buns(burger)" better than new one, but the new one's diagonal line and blue circle gives fresh and young image to it. Over all, I still like the old one because it makes me think of eating a burger! Pizza Hut I like the letters in old one. Just like Burger King, new one has more movement but I like the stability on old one. TACO BELL AGAIN, I like the old one. The contrast of colors are awesome. The letters pop out and stabled, though this could be too retro, but I guess the new sign shows more "American friendly food" than traditional mexican food. KFC This one is humm, I think it is a tie. I like how it has original name by using cool fonts and appealing "Kentucky's original fried chicken", it is about food, but now it is more about "KFC"brand. The new one could be more rememberable. Score is 3(old) vs 0(new) and 1(tie)! What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I like the new logos more. They seem more lively and inviting. It's interesting how all of the old logos favored straight, horizontal lines in their designs while the new ones employ more diagonals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting to point out about the diagonals. I like the old logo's in Burger King and Pizza Hut. I don't like either logo for Taco Bell and I like Mexican food. For Kentucky Fried Chicken, I have to go with the new one. I like it better. I think I might like Taco Bells new logo if they had used the color scheme of the old one, like red, yellow and brown. Still traditional, but fresh.Pink and Purple are duds for a restaurant. It just doesn't present warmth and joyful food to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post this week. I agree with you on Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell. The old logos just appeal to me more. The old BK logo just looks like my idea of a burger and I don't like the white "shading" in the bun of the new logo. The old Pizza Hut logo is more stable and simple but I'm not especially fond of the font on either version. On the Taco Bell, I love the colors on the old logo - organic - colors of ground meat, tomatoes, sauce, lettuce... Don't like the font AT ALL. On the new one - don't really like it - the colors seem wrong pink, purple, and yellow don't fit. KFC, hmmm.... I like the new KFC logo better. The close up of the Mr. KFC, the simple KFC logo in the corner, and sticking with red, white and blue just looks better to me. My score Old = 3, New = 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, i like all of the logos,....the old ones and new ones. Probably because both versions of a logo look very similar and don't have many changes involved. I think that if we started seeing the old logos being used again we would still be able to identify them and know what they represent. Someone mentioned that for the new logos text seems to be going in diagonals and i like effect it gives to the text,...making look creative and nice to look at. I think that if someone wants to change their company logo then it has to reflect the first one also, that way it keeps its same meaning so that people can still recognize it. Creative thinking is definitely involved when recreating logos because you have to think of ways to represent something in a very nice and appropriate way. Maybe someday i can come up with my business logo.....but for now i just got to pass Gds-108.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember all of the old ones from back in the day especially the taco bell one. Also PvP Dope Fresh Nation SAAN!

    ReplyDelete